The Rector Family Blog!



Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September Birthdays!



September brings Larry's and Natalie's birthdays! Larry turned 26 this year! We celebrated when he came home from work. I made one of his favorite dishes- manicotti, and the girls and I made him a chocolate chip cake. It was the first cake that I've ever made that was not from a box. I think my mom fainted when I told her that. I am not usually a baker, but now that Natalie cannot have wheat, I have become ambitious. It tasted delicious. Well at least we thought so, so I had my neighbor try some, and she loved it as well. She said you definitely couldn't taste the difference between a normal cake and a gluten-free one. So I guess you can say I'm gaining confidence in my baking abilities. Anyways, after dinner Larry opened his presents wrapped in Spider man wrapping paper! The best gift Larry received was a DVD collection he ordered off the internet titled "Giants Road to XLII." Football fans will recognize this as a Super Bowl collectible! It has every game from the playoffs in its entirety, including the Super Bowl itself! Larry has had much fun watching Tony Romo being frustrated over and over and over again..haha...in the Giants vs. Cowboys game. Anyways, we had a nice evening.

The next Saturday we headed to Pigeon Forge to visit Splash Country water park to celebrate Natalie's 6th birthday. She opted for this trip instead of a "formal" birthday party with friends. We had so much fun. There was plenty of things to do for Alyssa and Lauren, while Natalie took off for the big slides with Daddy. All of us had so much fun and the day went by so fast. We are looking forward to doing this again next year. We're thinking about season passes perhaps, as it is only 35 minutes away.
The next weekend was Natalie's official birthday. My dad came to visit us for the weekend. On Friday evening we had a small party for her with presents and cookies and ice cream. The girls helped make the cookies Thursday night. They too were delicious. Natalie loved all her gifts she has received. Thank you to all the grandpas and grandmas out there. And I must mention to Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Larry- Natalie was very excited for her Connect Four game. What a surprise!


We had a great weekend with Grandpa Milt (my dad). The girls helped him set up his tent in the backyard. We had a great time playing games, going swimming, and relaxing with him.
For more pictures of these events click on the link at the top left of the page titled Sept. Birthdays.